- Heavyweight vehicles are only available for use in Crash.
- Each of the Car Classes follows a set pattern when it comes to Bonus vehicles such as the DX, Prototype and Assassin variants although this does not apply to the Special and Heavyweight Series.
- During an interview, Alex Ward mentioned that there would be 75 cars, but some got cut from the game.
- All of the upgraded versions of the original series cars are turbocharged except for the Custom Muscle.
- The Custom Coupe Ultimate is turbocharged even though it doesn't have an upgraded model. However, it kept on going in the rest of the Burnout games, even the whole Burnout series.
- The Heavy Pickup, 4WD Racer, and SUV Deluxe share the same engine sounds. The only difference is that they have different gear-shifting sounds.
- Whenever using the Oval Racer Special in an event, it makes a "howling" sound. The "howling" was kept and used on the cars in Burnout Paradise.
- Main article: Traffic (Burnout 3)
Burnout 3 features an even larger number of different traffic vehicles than Burnout 2.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.