|Check out the super cool Hydros Techno edition. The Techno's engine is tuned to provide extra speed without you needing to light up the boost.|
The Kitano Hydros Techno is the upgraded version of the Hydros Custom. The vehicle remains the same as its original. It, however, has slightly better handling and acceleration over its stock counterpart.
How to Unlock
Win the Hydros Custom Burning Route.
The Hydros Custom model is the Custom Coupe Ultimate in Burnout 3: Takedown and the Custom Coupe in Burnout 2: Point of Impact. In the real world, it resembles a 1999 Honda Civic Si in front and a Toyota MR2 in the rear, along with looking a bit like the 2004 Subaru Impreza.
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update, the Hydros Techno's stats were tweaked lowering its speed stat from 6 to 2.
- The default paint job is the exact vinyl used in previous games.
- While the Techno may look like a Stunt Class car, its status as a Speed Class car may be a reference to its origins in Burnout 2, where all the cars worked like Speed Class cars in Burnout Paradise.
- The license plate references its origin in Burnout 2.
- The Hydros Techno was featured in the July 10 Face Off Thursday.
- According to a Burnout 3: Takedown loading screen, this car is known as "The Boost Blast from the Past", presumably a reference to the fact that it made an appearance in Burnout 2: Point of Impact.
- The Hydros Techno is one of 6 front-wheel drive Paradise vehicles that is capable of performing donuts while driving backwards.