This article is about the premium content pack. For the island unlocked in this pack, see Big Surf Island (location).
|Big Surf Island Pack was Burnopedia's Featured Article in June 2009.|
The Big Surf Island Pack is a downloadable premium content packs for Burnout Paradise that was made available for purchase alongside the release of the Third Burnout Store Update (codenamed 'Eastwood') on June 11, 2009.
Big Surf Island
- Main article: Big Surf Island (Location)
The island saw many transformations during its development to coincide with other released updates and PDLC packs.
- Main article: Paradise Keys
- 45 new Billboards
- 75 new Smashes
- 15 new Mega Jumps (The Island's Super Jumps)
- 5 additional Drive Throughs
- 12 new Roads to Rule for cars & bikes.
- 10 new island-specific freeburn challenges that can be completed with 2-8 players online.
- 15 Offline events
- Main article: Island Events
Big Surf License
Big Surf Island also includes a new License ranking system devoted entirely to the island similar to the bike license.
- Main article: Big Surf Island License
Island Tour is a new event included in Big Surf Island. It is a time trial event with multiple off road checkpoints. This, along with the other Island events contribute to the Big Surf license.
- Main article: Island Tour
Carson Annihilator Street Rod
Complete 100% of the Big Surf Island license.
Carson Toy Nighthawk
Beat all 24 Big Surf Island Road Rules.
Hunter Olympus Governor
Complete 50% of the Big Surf Island license.
The island update was initially pitched as a free downloadable update, but was later revealed to be a paid-for content pack.
- We'd mentioned in a previous podcast that this would be free content, but we can now confirm that it will be premium paid-for content.
- Here's why. We never expected to create anything this ambitious for the island, but as it progressed we got more and more excited about what it could become.
- Big Surf is the culmination of everything we learned creating Paradise City, and we want it to bring you a truly spectacular new experience – the highlight of a year of incredible premium content. Burnout already delivers incredible value for money – literally hundreds of hours of gameplay with your original disk or PSN purchase, plus more with the free Cagney Pack and free Burnout Paradise Bikes.
- Criterion Games - developer of Burnout Paradise
Crash TV Island Tour
A 2 part Crash TV episode was released before the Island content was made available with the first part on May 28th, 2009 and the seond part on June 8th, 2009. The first part featured gameplay footage of the new areas, new menus, the Island License and the Carson Dust Storm. Part 2 featured the Hunter Olympus Governor and Carson Annihilator Street Rod.
The Island: Before & After
Players could see Big Surf Island under construction from the roof of the parking lot located on Angus Wharf. It had very few buildings and looked radically different to the released content.
- Main article: Paradise Keys
|Burnout Paradise - Game Changing Content|
|Free||Astaire • Bogart • Cagney • Bikes • Trophies • 1.60 • 1.70 • 1.80 • 1.90|
|Premium||Boost Specials • Cops and Robbers • Big Surf Island • Legendary Cars • Party • Time Savers • Toys|